Care & Washing
We often get asked about cleaning and washing dance clothing.
Once you've purchased your dance clothing from our dance shop / store, you'll want to keep it looking and feeling its best.
Some dancewear is machine washable. You can find this out by looking for the care label inside the item of clothing. If a dance top, shorts, leotard or anything else is machine washable it will have a care label inside to let you know, and to provide the washing instructions.
However, we at Angel Dancewear always recommend that dance wear is hand washed - even when the manufacturer has said its machine washable.
We want all of our dance clothing to last as long as possible, and to look great week after week at each dance class.
Angel Dancewears suggested washing instructions are:
- handwash cold in clean water
- wash each item seperately
- Don't rub the item against itself as this can damage fabrics
- Rinse with clean cold water
- After washing, squeeze the water out of the dance clothing. Do not wring it out, or spin it to remove excess water.
- Hang your item to dry naturally, not on a radiator, making sure that items are not touching each other
If you follow the above guidance for washing your dance tops, shorts, leggings, tights, leotards, and all other dance clothing - your dancewear will maintain its great looks and feel great each time you wear it!